Community Police Forum
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do we log in to the web-based system?
Please navigate to http://epp.westerncape.gov.za and click the button labelled “Log in”
In the dialogue box, please enter your email address and the password provided.
2. How do we get additional users registered on the system?
Please send a request to the system administrator firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your Field Worker or Area Manager.
3. Why do we have to participate on the EPP?
The Expanded Partnership Programme was created to facilitate the achievement by CPFs of objectives contained in section 18(1) of the SAPS Act 68 of 1995.
4. What happens to the information supplied on the system?
The information is collated to study trends which will keep CPFs informed of the state of Community Policing in the province.
5. How do we get feedback on our input (e-Report)?
The responsible Area Manager, supported by Field Workers, will provide feedback on specific issues.
6. What is the deadline for online e-Report submissions?
The system will accept online submissions for a specific month up until the last day of the following month.
7. Who should verify the data provided by the CPF prior to sending it to the Department of Community Safety?
The CPF chairperson MUST confirm the veracity of the data prior to sending it to the Department.
8. Why do some CPFs still use Excel™ and we are asked to submit online?
The Excel™ offline form is used where certain CPFs have connectivity problems; the online web-based system (located at
) is the preferred method.
9. How long before we receive funds based on our e-Report submission?
The turnaround time is 30 days from date of submission.
10. How can we track the status of our e-Report?
You may track the status of your e-Report by contacting your Field Worker or Area Manager. Stakeholders may also contact
Mr Searle Engelbrecht
on 021-483-6346 or by emailing
11. How do we obtain a summary report of our input?
From the side-menu, under
, please select
, which can be saved as a PDF a Word document or an Excel™ document.
12. Will training be provided on how to engage the new EPP?
Yes, we are presently compiling a training schedule per cluster which will be communicated via your Field Worker and Area Manager.
13. If we have queries regarding funds received, how do we lodge them?
Mr Searle Engelbrecht
on 021-483-6346 during office hours.
14. If one of our users has a problem with their password, how do they get it resolved?
On the home screen, please select the
option and follow the prompts. The system will send a reset link via email to the address provided.
15. May we conduct observation visits at any time?
Of the 6 observation visits requested, it is preferred that 3 be done during the day and 3 at night. SAPS personnel on duty will provide the relevant Occurrence Book (OB) number(s).
16. Our Station Commander would like a copy of our e-Report – how does he/she access it?
A profile will be created for Station Commanders where they will be able to download and print the collated Station Observation Visits.
For further enquiries contact Fagrodien Johnson or Winston Cogill
Western Cape Government
Terms and Conditions
© 2021. All Rights Reserved